Below are answers to owner's most common questions regarding royalty and/or working interest ownership.

  • When will I get my check?
  • We issue checks around the 20th of each month, and you should receive them by the end of each month. If you don’t receive the check via mail or direct deposit by the end of the month, email us.

  • Why haven’t I received my check?
  • There are several reasons your check may have been delayed or canceled:

    Transfer of ownership
    Notice of death
    Returned mail due to change of address
    Assignment of interest
    Legal dispute

    Want your payments faster? Sign up for direct deposit.

  • How can I set up direct deposit?
  • You can set up the checks to go directly into your bank account using this form. Once we have processed your request, you will be able to view check details by logging on to your account.

  • How do I notify Sinclair of an address change?
  • Just fill out this form and submit it according to the instructions at the top.

  • How do I understand my revenue check?
  • View example.

  • What are stale-dated checks?
  • Stale-dated checks are checks that haven’t been cashed or deposited within 90 days after they were issued. If you have a stale-dated check you need to redeem, simply mail it to the address below and Sinclair will include the amount, with full detail, in your next revenue check. Avoid stale-dated checks by receiving your royalty payment via direct deposit.

    Sinclair Oil & Gas Company
    ATTN: Owner Relations
    P.O. Box 30825
    Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0825

    For faster processing, email us at

  • Who can I contact with questions?
  • Email is the best way to contact us:

    Sinclair Oil & Gas Company
    ATTN: Owner Relations
    P.O. Box 30825
    Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0825

    Owner Relations Hotline: 801-526-3733

    THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. This document has been prepared by Sinclair Oil & Gas Company for general informational purposes only. The laws governing oil and gas and mineral rights vary state by state and are subject to change. Some of the information presented in this document may be out of date and/or not apply to your state or your specific situation. We recommend you consult an oil and gas attorney in your state and/or the state where the producing property is located to obtain legal advice for your specific situation.